Friday, November 18, 2005

Relationship Epiphany

My husband once told me that he thought the only reason I was still married to him is because of the things he could do for me. He was refering to unpleasant household chores that he usually carried out at my request. I was shocked and disgusted by that remark. This was nearly 18 months ago and just this morning in the shower it became clear to me. Isn't that why we all choose the partners that we do? Not because of them but the effect that they have on us? I will bet that if a wife was willing to toss her husband an incredible hump every single morning followed by an evening, night-cap, blow job, that would be at the top of his list of the reasons he loved his wife. If he was honest. Yup.

1 Comments:

Blogger Griz said...

By your reasoning, you're saying the only reason you did marry your college sweetheart is because he obeyed your every command.

Don't you think it was something more in line with, he wanted you to notice him? He wanted you to fall in love with him? So he did those little things at first. He snuck into your dorm room and cleaned up your mess because he knew you'd appreciate it. He rubbed your back for an hour while you fell asleep, not for the hope of sex, but because he knew you'd appreciate it.

Maybe you just stopped appreciating it...

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home