Sunday, November 27, 2005

Holiday Blues

The long Thanksgiving holiday is nearing an end and I am thankful that I have a job that entails absolutely no fear or dread, and that I will go back to work tomorrow after nine luxurious days off. My son and I deposited the "third leg of our stool" (husband and father) at the airport this morning for he is off to Steamboat Springs, Co under the guise of conducting some business. On the way home from PDX we stopped at a Starbucks cuz Mommy needed a little medicine. When we arrived at the drive up window to pay for and collect our goods we were informed by the Starbucks worker that the car in front of us had purchased our order for us in a "random act of kindness." We were touched (in two senses of the word) and paid for the car behind us. It is now about two hours later and my son and I have a fantasy that at this particular Starbucks on 82nd Ave. in Portland, Oregon the chain has not yet been broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home