Friday, December 30, 2005

White Caps and Swimming Caps

Again with the swimming?? This novelty will wear off since I don't have much of an attention span. Who knows what I will obsess about next. Knitting or perhaps fainting goats. So today while I was in the lap pool, an "aquacize" class was in session in the neighboring warm pool. All I could see from my vantage point was a vast sea of white heads bobbing up and down in the pool to the beat of the music. The music was "The Stars and Stripes Forever." The time of day that I choose to swim seems to be a popular time for the senior set. The patriotic music and the bobbing white caps reminded me of my childhood growing up in a military town situated on sometimes choppy Puget Sound. Today I plan of acquiring some swimming accoutrements. I would like a swimming hat.....or as the cool kids would say swim cap and goggles. Next thing you know I will be getting a Brazilian bikini wax to make myself more aerodynamic.....not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Griz said...

Maybe there is some kind of "mini cap" for the aerodynamic-concious swimmer as to avoid the painful Brazilian wax.
(That form of waxing, originating in Brazil, must have been invented by the Nazis that escaped there after WWII.)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home