Saturday, December 03, 2005

How To Be a Better Driver

It's no secret, I am a lousy driver. Everyone who has ever been in a car, with me behind the wheel, will not dispute this. (one exception: my mother. Every minute we are together I am paralyzed with fear of.....I'm not sure what. As a result I walk around perpetually on my very best behaviour. Like a soldier, who, if he makes one false move, it will all be over.) So, back to my driving tip. On Friday, in my second grade classroom we celebrated a birthday, as second graders are wont to do. The sheer volume of hyper-sugared cupcakes that I consume on a weekly basis is immeasurable. It was Miss Ali's birthday. At the end of the day there would be one lone cupcake left. I snatched it up fast as it would bring me huge bonus points upon presenting to my 12 year old son at home. My dilemma: How to transport said cupcake from point A to point B without smashing the frosting and smearing it over the entire inside of my car. (not that anyone would notice any difference) My decision was this: Place it on the dashboard and make no sudden moves. It worked like a charm! I have never driven more carefully. My driving tip to you is this...Always drive as if you have a cupcake on the dashboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home