Sunday, December 04, 2005

Swing Low

This morning, halfway between the Land of Nod and reality I felt an odd sensation on my left fore arm. I was lying on my back thinking about what I was feeling. It seemed like minutes but I'm sure it was only a few seconds. What was this warm lump on my arm? Was it my cat? It couldn't be because I could hear her "singing" from her usual venue, my right ear. Was it one of my sneaky, needy troop of stuffed animals trying to slip, un-noticed, into the sleep rotation a few days early? (We feel that if we use a rotation system for who gets to sleep in the bed at night and who is relegated to the floor then less feelings get hurt.) No, Cat, Pig and Tiger were all present and accounted for. Then I remembered my mom told me that I once asked her, after catching a brief unsightly/horrific view of my grandmother naked that I posed this question to her: "Why does Grandma have saggy apples?" It was then that I had a "circle of life" moment. I was developing a coupla Granny Smiths of my own. Not quite in the armpit yet, but clearly the migration is in full force.

1 Comments:

Blogger Griz said...

Well, a nice hand warmer is good, especially on a cold, lonely night. Hope you sleep well, Princess. Thank you for taking such good care of Goo, Dexter, Gary and the homestead. I love you all.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home